Carlos Gonzalez is living an important moment in his career. With the future yet to be defined, we invite you to do a little recap of the most recent achievements of the Zulia native big leaguer, who could become a free agent this year unless the Colorado Rockies offer him a contract extension.
- During the 2016 season, Carlos Gonzalez played 150 matches, while he spent the entire season on the active roster. This was his second campaign with at least 150 games; the first one was in 2016.
- Last year he recorded 174 hits, his most since his career-high 197 hits in 2010.
- On October 1, 2016, he reached the 100 RBIs, the highest number of his career so far after his personal record of 117 set in 2010.
- He is currently the 10th player in the Rockies franchise history with over 40 doubles and 25 or more home runs in one season. This thanks to the 42 doubles he connected in 2016, setting his personal record.
- At the moment he adds up 5 seasons with 25 or more home runs with the Rockies, tying up the third place of this record in the Rockies franchise.
- 2 out of the 6 Grand Slam of his career took place in 2016
- Last August 27 he reached the 200 home run milestone, adding 189 with the Rockies uniform.
- On August 2, 2016, he reached the 600 RBIs of his career.
- Among other achievements of April 2016, he collected the first thousand hits of his career, while on June of the same year a home run made him score the same number of hits as a member of the Rockies.
- On 2016 he opened for the third time an All-Star Game as a left fielder
Source: Colorado Rockies